Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rebecca Orf: Day 7--Final Sketch



[Insert sound of exhaustion] I can't say that I am not happy this is over. Although, I thoroughly enjoyed it, everyday is too much for me. Looking back at my original goals, I think I will shoot for three sketchbook entries a week. I followed the rules I had set up for myself and learned some things along the way...


1. I have developed some new embroidery techniques that I will incorporate in my future work. Without access to a darkroom or printing press, I thought I was limited. However, this project made me realize how much I could do (with little money) out of my studio. I will begin working with alternative photography processes again--I will just keep it small. The building sketches I made represent photographs that will be incorporated into future work.


2. By using what I already have, I am repurposing and reducing the amount of art materials that surround and overwhelm me.


3. My students inspire me. I taught a lesson that
involved plaster of paris on burlap. After the project
I went home and did an image transfer onto the
plaster. As an art teacher I am not giving up on my
art. I will continue to pursue it--and use it to inspire
my students who continue to inspire me.




4. Reflection is really worth the time it takes to do.




I am excited to see the upcoming artwork. Peace out.

1 comment: