Monday, November 8, 2010

Rebecca Orf [Day 1...or should I say Night 1]

I thought I would begin by introducing myself...
Among many titles that fit my name, I am an art-teacher-in-training. I earned my BFA in studio art with a Concentration in Painting and Photography. I am currently enrolled in a Masters program, in which I am scheduled to begin student teaching (art k-12) in less than 3 months from today. Most of my day is spent at my current job as a pre-school teacher. I make art in my spare time. It was not until recently that I realized that this proportion of work and play--play being my artwork--is actually quite ideal. In this way, art is my escape.

I am excited about this project. I've heard that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. After this week, I will try to continue to work in my sketchbook daily--even if it is a simple doodle--until reflection is a habit. I have three goals for this project: (1) use only materials I currently have in my studio (2) be reflective (3) develop new ways of combining fibers with photography.

1 comment: