Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yikes Im blogging!

Hello All,

Wow I never thought that I would blog. I have a hard time just keeping up with emails, voice mails, and snail mail. I am going to give this a try for the sake of the project!

A little bit about me. My name is Roxanne Phillips and I am currently living in St. Louis. I am a artist who incorporates printmaking techniques with drawings, painting, fibers, and photography. I teach at Florissant Valley Community College and Maryville University classes include all levels of print, drawing, design, painting, fibers, and a gallery business class. I also work at Pele Prints and any other odd jobs that come my way. I have always thought of myself as an artist who teaches not a teacher that sometimes makes art.

I wear many different hats within WCA. In St. Louis I am Vice-President and serve on many of the committees. Nationally I have the position of Chapter Council Director and serve on the YWC, NYC conference, and the new media committees.

I am looking forward to participating in the YWC traveling journal. It is my first goal to create the journal this labor day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment