Monday, September 6, 2010

7 days 1 book 8 artists

Keeping to my deadline I have now completed the tearing of and folding paper to form the St. Louis journal. The theme is 7 days, 1 book, 8 artists. Each of the artists will make additions to the journal everyday for a week. It does not have to be the traditional Sunday - Saturday week. The book will end up with more pages than the recommended number. Due to this I have decided to use a coptic stitch to bind the book. It will need to be presented on a pedestal for viewing. The main challenge in making an addition every day is time.

I have contacted many young women to participate in the project. I have three categories, from which, they come from. I am concentrating on new members of WCA-STL as a way of getting them involved, lapsed members as a renewal tool, and recruited members from students whom were "on the fence" about joining.

No comments:

Post a Comment