Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lydia Brockman-Day Five and finally blogging...



So the blogging was a bit rough for me, but I think I have the hang of it now!

My name is Lydia Brockman, I am a recent graduate from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). I majored in fiber and material studies at SAIC, greatly focusing on the chemistry of natural dyeing and untraditional application of natural dyes in my art practice.

I approached the traveling journal project by outlining a couple of rules for myself:

1. I can only use what is available in my studio- nothing new can be purchased.
2. Use the time and pages of the journal for experimentation for new processes
3. Incorporate wool and silk
4. Incorporate embroidery

Here are some in process pictures so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment